Sunday, November 8, 2009

First session inside



Well, I'm carving inside now and ironically, the weather has taken an exceptionally nice turn - 74˚ and sunny today. We've had about a week of this now, and it seems as though we'll get another one. Anyway, the airline into my indoor studio is a nice addition and the pneumatic hammer performs flawlessly, allowing me to continue in an efficient way. As for the outside studio, I've changed my mind about building a shed for the rock saw. I'll just keep it covered with a tarp when it's not in use. After a session of using it, I'll just hose down the area. As the photo shows, I've now got a work surface to the left of the saw, and that'll allow me to have support for large stones that I intend to cut.

2 comments:

  1. Keep this going!
    It is interesting to follow the everyday changes of the piece of marble...
    the weather is not as fun. : )
    Do you know any other similar sculpture-blogs?

    CAIO CÆSIVS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that saw but it has such a nice new home. Cover it well.

    ReplyDelete