Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yep, it's the same piece . . .



In working on this half of the stone I sawed in half, it became clear that this half needed to be vertical. I resisted this at first because it meant finishing the bottom to be consistent with the rest of the piece. Finally, I knew that I had to do it, and I really like the result. I'm now excited about the piece again and will probably finish it within a week or so and then go on to resolve the other half of the original sculpture as a second piece. That one, I'm guessing, will retain a horizontal attitude. Oh, one more thing - I did go ahead and remove the dark red section of stone that had been at the top. I did this by cutting a notch in the stone where the red part had been, and I think it added some real dynamism to the piece, especially in the new vertical position.

No comments:

Post a Comment