Saturday, December 26, 2009

getting more crisp . . .


Here's a shot of the whole piece as it is today, the day after Christmas. People often ask, "How long did it take you to make this?" My standard answer is, "I don't really want to know, so I don't keep track of hours". Well, this time's an exception – I have been keeping track and it's right around 53 hours so far – not too bad if you consider the block as it was at the beginning. Without the help of pneumatic tools it would easily be over three times that long, so I'm pretty happy with the "swift" progress. The double photo above shows that some of the surfaces have reached their final resolution and only sanding remains. Others are quite far from that state and I now have only 27 days left before I need it to be done and ready for entry in a juried exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment