Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally, some cooperative weather . . .


Yesterday was a beautiful day after two weeks of November-like junk weather. I was able to make significant progress on the marble and I think my goal of getting the stone light enough to move is within my grasp – perhaps this week. I've discovered that the hose I bought (50' was the shortest I could find) is long enough to run from the compressor in the garage into my winter stone carving studio in the lower level of the house. It means drilling through both the wall of the garage and the wall of the house, but HEY! Why stop NOW? As for the work so far, the diamond grinding wheel has exceeded my expectation both in speed and effectiveness. Getting this far on a piece of marble in about 7 total hours of work is unprecedented for me. Back at it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment