Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm there!



Don't have to wait for nice weather any more - I managed to get the stone onto a scale and it's just under 90 lbs. So, I'll be able to get it down to my indoor stone studio any time I want. This weekend has yielded a lot of progress and I'm guessing the final weight of the piece will be around 70-80 lbs., so at least I'll be able to move the thing. As soon as I get it inside, I'm going to work on routing my air house through PVC pipe through a couple of walls so that I can continue to work efficiently (if Lori can stand all the racket the pneumatic hammer makes, that is). I won't do any grinding inside though - too much dust. By the way, my Adult Pull-Toy ended up being a sort of litmus test at last night's art center event and art auction. People in possession of a functioning sense of humor uniformly loved it. The others? Well . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment